Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, September 27, 2010

E-Mealz fo' Shizzle!


Recently my sister-in-law, Laura, told me about e-mealz.  As a rule, I’m generally skeptical of anything that uses a “z” in leiu of an “s”, but I decided to give it a shot.  I’ll try to sound as non-infomercially as I can, but here’s the scoop:  you pay $5/month and this company plans out all of your dinners (5 nights per week).  Not only do they plan them, but also they provide you with your grocery list all divided into grocery sections and everything.  If any of you know how I roll, you know that I normally do this on Sundays.  I try to at least.  I sit on the couch with all of my healthy cookbooks around me and I plan out meals for the week.  Once I have that worked out I make a grocery list, and then I re-write the grocery list according to category, like produce or dairy.  And if any of you know how my dear husband rolls, you know that when I ask the inevitable “What do you want for supper this week?”, I always get the same, “Oh, I don’t care.”  Thanks, honey.  So when I found out that I could essentially pay someone $1.25 each week and save myself a Sunday afternoon I jumped on it.  Now my Sundays will be free to go to more psychic fairs!  Oh!  And you can pick from all different types of menus, they have the normal menus (that look REALLY good) and then they have different ones like low-carb or weight watcher points.  I went with the weight watcher option designed for two people, and it actually looks really, really good.  Anyway, today was the first day in our new culinary adventure.  I went to the store and followed my list, and came home and made the first of our five dinners this week – Onion Baked Pork Chops with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and grapes.  It was actually really good.  I’m impressed.  And Matt’s impressed too.  Luckily he likes eating healthy food with me, which is one of the perks that comes along with being married to him.  I’ll keep you posted on the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ballin'!! That's so sweet. Save them for me. I'm going to try to get to the store this weekend so I can start. You should just keep all of the in a notebook and write tips and comments to the ones you make. But definitely save them.

Unknown said...

Yummy! But do the recipes use ingredients that are only found in the city?

Post a Comment