Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Move Over, Martha.

It is now fall – or so I’m told.  It was 103 degrees in Tucson today, which is why this is the only time of the year that I start to miss living in the Midwest.  Summer just won’t get the hint that it’s overstayed it’s welcome for about a month now.  So, in an effort to try and convince my brain that it’s fall, I’ve decided it’s time to start decorating the house accordingly.  So, I did a little craft project today.  My pinecone flowers are inspired by these from Martha Stewart.  Very loosely inspired.  My blog is called “Figuring it out as I go” not “I already know how to do everything perfectly”.  So yes, I know that Martha’s are way cooler, but she must have had some giant pinecones to work with. She must not have picked up the mini pinecones from the dollar bins at Target.  I’ve already made a mental note to grab some real ones on our next trip up to Mt. Lemmon.  Until then, I do like how these turned out, and I’m proud of myself for squeezing them in today.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

My apt complex has pinecones everywhere! You can have as many as your little arms can carry!

Unknown said...

OOOOOOO Stacy! I love this! Did you take apart the pinecone or cut the bottom off? I can't tell by your pics. I need more direction. :)

Stacy said...

Mom- I took apart the pinecone and then glued it back together to make a flower.

Elizabeth Olney said...

I know what you mean; fall never arrives in Hawaii either. Actually, we miss out on spring and winter too here. Since the flowers all bloom year-round, it is just summer 365. We don't have 103, but we have 89-95 every day of the year.

Post a Comment