Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amy Sedaris has a new book!



Okay, I LOVE Amy Sedaris.  Her humor is definitely unique, and maybe not for everybody, but I love it.  Remember the show ‘Strangers With Candy’?  That’s Amy Sedaris as Jerri Blank.  Anyway, I found a fun interview on Esty with Amy about her new upcoming book.  It’s called ‘Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People’.  Since I haven’t read the book yet, I’ll just direct you to this link.
 
I will, however, share a couple of my favorite quotes from the interview-

“Crafting is about recycling old materials and reforming them into simple somethings that nobody needs” 

And (this is an excerpt from the book)…

When asked where ideas come from, Amy answers There are hundreds of dozens of ways to stimulate your brain so the creative juices flow. Rummage through a dumpster. Look at old album covers. Spend time at a Renaissance faire. Find new friends who have better ideas than your old friends.”



In case you're not familiar with Amy, here are some clips of her on The Martha Stewart Show and Letterman.   I have her first book, ‘I like you:  Hospitality Under the Influence’, and I’m sure I’ll probably get this one too, because I just can’t get enough of Amy Sedaris.   Enjoy!



















































































2 comments:

Chuck Hancock said...

We love Amy too!!! Her cookbook was great as well. Have you read any of her brother, David's books? He has several out and they are quite funny. Talk about a family with some issues that produced some funny children.

Stacy said...

Uncle Chuck - Yes, I LOVE David Sedaris. Between Jen and I we probably have almost all of his books. 'Me Talk Pretty One Day' is definitely my favorite.

Post a Comment