Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yes, I'm still here.

Hi, my name is Stacy and it’s been 3 weeks since my last post.  Incidentally, about three weeks ago Elin became mobile.  I mean, REALLY mobile – and not just horizontally, but vertically too.  She’s climbing up anything she can get her hands on.  We definitely weren’t thinking about babies when we decided to go with polished concrete floors in our living room.  Sorry Elin.  So yeah, that oh-so-cute video we have of her pulling herself up for the first time is actually footage of my daytime blogging days ending.  Goodbye daily blogs.  I’m going to do the best I can after she goes to bed. 

So I guess a lot has happened in three weeks.  A lot for us, anyways, which might not be saying much.   Last week I made my very first Thanksgiving meal.  After a million calls home to ask about recipes and turkey roasting, I actually did a pretty good job.  It was just a lot of work for dinner for only 3 people.  And Matt and I are SICK of turkey.  Last night I made “chicken” enchiladas with more leftover turkey, but we just could bare to even call them turkey enchiladas.  I made apple salad (which was a staple at every holiday meal growing up), sweet potatoes (Elin’s favorite), mashed potatoes, TWO kinds of stuffing, corn, green beans, gravy, and turkey.  All from scratch.  My turkey didn’t look pretty (or even close to pretty), but it tasted good (for the first 20 meals or so….).   About two hours into the roasting process I checked on it and noticed that the red and white pop-up thermometer was gone.  I couldn’t figure it out until I realized that I was cooking the turkey upside down.  Matt and I each had a pair of tongs and forks and we got him flipped the right way.  So the back side of my turkey was nice and pretty and brown and the front side looked like boiled poultry (because that’s exactly what it was).  Regardless of me not knowing which turkey side goes up, it still tasted good.  I have a few pictures, notice that the corn isn’t  in the pictures.  It wasn’t until we were eating that we remembered the corn in the microwave.  The Graham family will like that.  I swear, we really did forget.

Well, I hope all of you had a lovely Thanksgiving like we did.   I’ll be sure to keep posting.  

2 comments:

KatGraham said...

I missed your blogs! Glad you're back! This is great & sounds a lot like most 1st Thanksgiving meal. I heard the meal was really good, too! And the corn...how funny is that!!! You wouldn't be related to the Grahams if you didn't leave the corn in the microwave. LoL!

I stuffed my turkey with onions, celery, salt & pepper, sage & lemon juice. Rubbed olive oil on the outside, sprinkled with meat rub and baked it. It was wonderful! I was proud of it and the gravy was really good, too!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of my little Stacy "Stewart"! Martha would be soooo proud too! What's my baby doing? Kiss her for me. Put her in her play walker thingee and BLOG!!! We miss it too!

Post a Comment