Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm Baa-aaack!!


Our boat.



About to walk onto the boat!  Getting excited!




The main lobby.  This piano player kind of creeped me out.
Yes, it’s been a while.  I should have given an update on my blog before I left but I just didn’t get a chance.  I, along with my 4 best friends from high school (Alana, Allison, Jessi and Megan) went on a little cruise.  I’m not going to lie, it was pretty sweet.  After years of saying, “We all should get together!”  and “We should totally go on a trip or something”, we finally did it.  We’ve been planning this trip for almost a year.  It started as just something fun to talk about and then it slowly became something that might actually happen.  After some discussion about what we should do we decided on a 3 day cruise from Miami to the Bahamas.  This meant that we all met up the day before the cruise in Miami, for a bonus day of fun. 



The first things each of us enjoyed on the ship.

Even though we bought our tickets in Feburary, I was still in disbelief that this trip would actually happen until all five of us were on that boat.  But all five of us did make it onto the boat, thankfully.  And then the fun began.  As soon as we got there, we each enjoyed the following:  Me- a pina colada, Megan-a strawberry daqueri, Allsion-a gin and tonic, Alana-ice cream and coffee, and Jessi- potato salad.  Yep.  See the picture to the left if you don't believe me.  We had some amazing food (like warm chocolate melting cake) and several really expensive drinks.  We went to a comedy show one night and a dancing/singing show another night (kind of like when Jessi was in Show Choir).  Some of us went power snorkeling (like James Bond) and we did a lot of laying out in the sun and reading. 




Allison rockin' the mic'.
One of my favorite nights though was karaoke night.  There were a lot of interesting performances, one performer, for example, went by the name, GiGi and wore a brown leather vest with fringe on it that went to the floor.  She was very fun.  My favorite singer though, by far, was by our very own, Allison.  I swear I’m not being biased, she was definitely the best.  The guy in front of us thought so too, he got really into it. 

This trip gave me some much needed girl time and while I missed Matt and Elin very much, it was a nice break from all of the poopy diapers.  Mostly though, this trip was special because all five of us girls live in completely different cities, and we all came together in Miami for this cruise.  I don’t get to see these girls very often, but when I do we definitely live it up.  




The wonkavators.

We're about to go power snorkeling.

Dinner time.

1 comment:

Post a Comment