Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

I know, I know, don’t even say it.  It’s been *gasp* three days without a word, or even a picture.  I really have no excuse other than the six month old that orders me around all the time.  (Yes, my teeny tiny little baby girl turned 6 months old on Tuesday)  It’s all Elin’s fault.  Also, this whole blog world has been motivating me to do all kinds of things, which is good. The problem is that it hasn’t been super helpful as far as motivating me to do laundry or pick up the house.  So I took some time to make our house livable again. While I was taking my blogging break though, I did get a few fun things accomplished:

-I made my sister’s Halloween costume (another apron) which I will post later. 

-I turned my guest room into a crafting/sewing room (and it’s still a guest room, don’t worry to all of you that use it).  It’s going to be pretty sweet, so I’ll make it into its own post later when it’s ready. 

-I got the materials for Elin’s Halloween costume; she’s going to be a pterodactyl.

-I also made a couple of cards that my sister needed to give to her bosses for Boss’ Day.  (see right)

The most important thing though, was on Wednesday.  My husband and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary!  Yay!  Actually we went out on Tuesday because that’s when Aunt Jennifer could watch the baby.  We saw an awesome movie, Catfish, you all should check it out.  We also went to one of our favorite restaurants, Amber.  Good stuff.  And then last night, since it was our “real” anniversary night, I made a dessert that Jon had told me about.  Oh yeah, Jon’s totally trying to out-Suzie-Homemaker-me.  Over the weekend he made his own yogurt, cheese, butter, bread, and then this dessert.  Whatever, Jon.  J Anyway, he gave me permission to share the recipe with you.  It’s not healthy in any way whatsoever.  Deal with it. 

Chocolate Bread Pudding

4 c. bread, cubed, crusts removed, 6-7 slices
1/2 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 c. milk
2 (2 oz.) sq. unsweetened chocolate
3 eggs
1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Whipped cream; optional

Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Place bread cubes and nuts in prepared casserole. Heat milk and chocolate in a small saucepan until chocolate melts. Beat eggs and sugar, at high speed. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Pour over bread and nuts. Cover and let stand at room temperature (about 30 minutes). Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake pudding uncovered 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean, cool 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream.



I followed the recipe almost exactly, I used 3 oz of chocolate instead of 2, so it was more like dark chocolate.  Mmmmmm…………..pure heaven.  Soooooo good.  Even my non-dessert-loving-husband loved it.  We enjoyed this cuddled up on the couch with a glass (or two) of pinot noir.  And that makes a very good anniversary.  Enjoy!  

2 comments:

KatGraham said...

I told myself I was not going to forget to wish you happy anniversary and I did it anyway. I feel terrible. So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Jessi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Post a Comment