Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weekend Round-Up

So I took a break from posting this weekend and got bombarded with all kinds of questions about why I didn’t have any new blog posts!  Okay, so it was just my dad that said something, but still.  J  I had a blog post planned for today, but it flopped.  I was going to make ricotta cheese from my leftover yogurt whey (I made another double batch this weekend).  It didn’t work.  I wasn’t sure if it would work with yogurt whey, but I gave it a shot and it does not.  Fascinating stuff, I know. 


Anyway, we had some special visitors this weekend, my Uncle Jim and Aunt Christy.  They “ran away from home” for a while to come out west and soak up some rays by the pool.  That’s right, Midwesterners, you might have the beautiful leaves and the wonderfully cool fall weather, but we were swimming in October.  Even Jen got in the pool.  We’re being told that it will start cooling down this week, so I’m glad we used the last hot weekend to its fullest potential.  It was a lovely weekend with good food, great beer (compliments of the New Belgium Brewery) and wonderful family. It was a very special time for me because Uncle Jim and Aunt Christy are two of the most inspirational people in my life and I’m proud that I get to call them my family.  LYMI.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my family! I wish we could have been there with you!

Jennifer said...

John threw me in the pool. I probably wouldn't have swam as much, so you should thank him for that. It was a great weekend. :)

KatGraham said...

How wonderful! Wish I could have joined in the fun and family! LYMI.

Post a Comment